Many households suffer from dirty exterior walls, rooftops, driveways, and patios. It not only makes your property look old, ugly, and poorly maintained but can also pose serious risks to your health. Surfaces can get dirty because of microbial growth like algae and mildew or because of dirt, stains, and bird droppings. If you have the same situation and want to restore your surfaces to new, you should consider soft washing.
Here is all you need to know about soft washing–
What is Soft Washing?
Soft washing is a method used to clean the exterior surfaces of properties. It employs a low-pressure flow of chemicals and water to eliminate organic growth like algae, mildew, moss, mold, lichens, and other contaminants like dirt and dust from the surfaces quickly and effectively.
What Are the Chemicals Used for Soft Washing?
The solution for soft washing comprises two primary parts- algicide and surfactant. The algicide kills living pests like molds, algae, and mildew from the soft-washed surfaces. It also effectively removes spider webs and moth nests. The most commonly used algicide in the soft washing technique is Sodium Hypochlorite.
The surfactant works with the other chemicals and binds to the dirt and grim molecules, improving the efficiency of the other components like algicide. It keeps the surfaces wet for longer and makes removing loose dirt easier by reducing their chances of adamantly sticking to anything.
Different Techniques of Soft Washing-
- Downstream washing: This is the simplest method where the cleaning solution is directly injected into the outlet of a downstream injector and a pressure washer to remove dirt.
- Soft wash pumps: It is one of the most efficient methods of soft washing that gently applies cleaning solution to the surfaces. It uses a soft wash system that involves a pump and a metering valve. Various soft wash pumps are 12v systems, gas systems, and air diaphragm pumps.
Benefits of Soft Washing-
- Improves health: Mold and algae growing on the exterior walls can easily enter the house, making the air you breathe unclean. Dirt and dust are pollutants that also deteriorate the surrounding environment. Cleaning them off your surfaces becomes necessary, especially if you have allergic family members who need to stay away from such allergens.
- Prevents property damage: Growing mildew and grime gradually corrode the surfaces. When paired with improper house maintenance, it can lead to property damage that can be expensive to fix.
- Increases property value: Regular soft washing of your walls will make your property appear newer than it is. It also improves the property value by improving the curbside appeal and increasing the neighborhood property value.
Where You Should Not Use Soft Washing-
While you can apply the soft washing technique anywhere, there is no use for soft washing in certain situations. For instance, if you have grease or oil stains on your porch, the light pressure of soft washing cannot remove the taints entirely, and the efforts will go to waste.
About Precision Wash Pros-
Are you looking for a reliable washing service to soft wash your property? Visit Precision Wash Pros for soft, pressure, residential, and commercial washing jobs that restore your property back to new. Visit our website or contact (919) 900-0219 for more information.